Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Rookie Bartender and Reasons to LOVE THIS JOB

This is my first blog. It will be short, interesting and long enough introduction for those who are interested for bartending and mixology.
The beggining of being bartender is not easy. First, you need to start like barback. But every bar owner asking on interview do you have experience, and you must decide will you tell a truth or a lie. I told a lie. :)
So, you get a job and you need to start. Your job is to prepare bar for work. I think there is two most important things for backup bartender. That's prepwork and speed. Prepwork means preparing garnishes and pre-mixing simple syrups and sour mixes. Speed - faster you are, your tip is higher. :) That means for bartender and for waiter.
My opinion is that the bartending is one of the most beautiful job. You can't be bored. You and your colleagues are like a family. Every day you meet new people. Some are good and some are bad, but, in the bar, for you they are all the same. :)
This job will always exist, everyone loves to get drunk, and your job is to make it better.
I do not want to be boring so I'm finishing the story, but I will write very soon another blogs about bartending and mixology. It will be fun. And remember, The Hardest Part of Being Bartender is figuring out who is DRUNK or Just STUPID! :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment